Bring the gorgeous fragrance of Casa Blanca Lily in a salty breeze indoors, with this luxurious hand poured votive.
A clean burning candle hand blended with pure essential oils, cotton wicks and food grade waxes.
How should I burn my candle?
Soy wax has what is called a memory therefore it is necessary to allow your candle to burn for 2 to 3 hours the first time it is lit- it must melt the candle all the way to the sides the first time it is burned. Building this memory helps the candle to avoid the pillar effect of wax build-up on the side of the container- also called tunnelling. This poor burning is a major cause of diminished flame and little fragrance while burning.
A proper melt pool is indicated when the hot liquid wax can be seen completely across the container and about ¼ inch deep. Obtaining a proper melt pool will ensure you get the best scent through and flame from your candle with each burn.
Why is my flame weak?By all accounts a properly trimmed wick should be cut approximately ¼ to ½ inch above the wax. If it is cut too short or has broken off at the base of the wax the flame will not be able to build up enough heat to burn the wax and will drown out. To fix this, extinguish the flame and pour off the liquid wax into a heat-safe container. Allow for at ¼ inch wick, maybe a little longer because the wick will be saturated with wax and may burn too fast to build up heat. Relight the candle and burn for at least the recommended time as mention above. If the flame still goes out, repeat the process.
Why is the flame too high? Should the flame become too high or began to flicker excessively the candle may be burning in a draft or you may need to trim the wick back a bit. Soy wax candles will occasionally mushroom at the top of the wick. To correct, extinguish the flame and either scrap off the ball or cut the wick, leaving ¼ inch wick above the wax surface.
We cannot stress enough how important it is to trim your wick to 1/4" before burning- every time. Not trimming the wick can cause the flame to get too high resulting in the glass getting to hot and breaking. Do not burn your candle down any lower then 1/2” from the bottom of the jar.. This can cause the glass to break as it will get too hot and this is very dangerous as it can cause a fire. At this point, it's time to start a new candle! Keep candles away from draughty windows and areas- it will cause the flame to get too high and your candle will get too hot- dangerous- and not last long as it will burn too quickly.